To register, check or deregister 21 or more numbers in a single application.
A number is eligible for a bulk application if it is used or maintained:
- primarily for private purposes
- exclusively for transmitting and/or receiving faxes
- exclusively for use by a government body.
Business telephone numbers, including business dual purpose phone/fax numbers are generally not eligible for registration. You can register a business number if it is used or maintained exclusively for transmitting and/or receiving faxes.
When making a bulk application, you must provide:
- the numbers in electronic files - see requirements below
- separate electronic files for fax and telephone numbers
- evidence that you are either an:
- account holder (the individual or organisation solely responsible for the number/s)
- authorised officer (someone who has the authority to apply for an organisation)
- nominee (someone who has been granted authority to apply for another individual or organisation).
An authorised officer or nominee must provide evidence of their authority or nomination. This can be:
- a statutory declaration - you can use the template provided
- a letter from the organisation - this should be from a senior officer in the organisation and must state that you have the authority to register/check/deregister numbers on behalf of the organisation
- Other written evidence, such as a certified copy of power of attorney (in the case of a nominee).
If you are an account holder, authorised officer or nominee you must also provide supporting evidence to verify the numbers belong to the account holder: This can be an invoice, the front page of a bill showing the number/s, account statement, contract or tax receipt from the carriage service provider for the numbers to be registered.
File format for numbers
- files must be in comma separated value (CSV) format
- all numbers must be listed individually - number ranges cannot be processed
- contain numbers that are between 3 and 7, or exactly 10 digits long and include the area codes, but not country codes
- contain numbers that commence with a zero (0) or a one (1)
- numbers can contain brackets, hyphens, dashes and spaces
- commas (,) are not allowed because they are used as delimiters
- contain only a single column of numbers and not include other data or data fields, for example, names and addresses, blank cells or hidden characters (both commonly entered by pasting in copied data)
- be no larger than 10MB, compressed
- be in a new file with a new name each time, otherwise remnants of the old file (even though deleted) will cause errors.