Complaints can be made using the online complaint form or by calling us on 1300 792 958.
Before you lodge a complaint, you may have a question that can be answered by our consumer overview or frequently asked questions.
You are eligible to lodge a complaint if:
- your number has been on the Do Not Call Register for more than 30 days and you receive an unsolicited telemarketing call or marketing fax
- you received a telemarketing call (even if your number isn’t on the Do Not Call Register):
- before 9 am or after 8 pm on weekdays
- before 9 am or after 5 pm on Saturdays
- anytime on a Sunday or a national public holiday
- the caller refused to give you information required by the Industry Standard.
Email and SMS messages
The Do Not Call Register cannot accept complaints about email or SMS messages. To complain about a spam email or SMS message, visit www.acma.gov.au/stop-getting-spam
There is limited action we can take in response to scam calls. You can report scam calls at www.scamwatch.gov.au
If you think you may have been the victim of a scam, please contact your bank, your phone or internet service provider, and/or the police.
Calls to business numbers
Numbers used primarily for business purposes are not eligible to be on the Do Not Call Register. We cannot accept complaints about telemarketing calls to business telephone numbers, unless the caller has failed to meet the requirements of the Industry Standard.Lodge a complaint
Please note: Information provided in complaints is important to the ACMA. Although we generally do not investigate individual cases, your complaint may be used to inform our compliance actions, including launching investigations and may assist in identifying emerging priority compliance areas.