Complaints can be made by completing the online complaint form or by calling us on 1300 792 958.
You are eligible to lodge a complaint if:
- your number has been on the Do Not Call Register for more than 30 days and you receive an unsolicited telemarketing call or marketing fax
- If you receive a telemarketing call (even if your number isn’t on the Do Not Call Register):
- before 9 am or after 8 pm on weekdays
- before 9 am or after 5 pm on Saturdays
- anytime on a Sunday or a national public holiday
- the caller refuses to give you information required by the Industry Standard.
Lodge a complaint
Please note that numbers used primarily for business purposes are not eligible to be on the Do Not Call Register. The ACMA is unable to accept complaints about telemarketing calls to business telephone numbers, unless the caller has failed to meet the requirements of the Telecommunications (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2017.
Please note: Information provided in complaints is important to the ACMA. Although we generally do not investigate individual cases, your complaint may be used to inform our compliance actions, including launching investigations and may assist in identifying emerging priority compliance areas.